How to Eliminate Back and Neck Pain – Without Any Medications!
Usually when you have pain in your neck or back the next thing to do is to swallow painkillers. But did you know that those pills you swallow may be doing more harm to your health than good?!
These drugs are made using chemicals that leave side effects that are both short and long term in nature, such as skin irritation, allergies, nausea, insomnia and respiratory problems.
Types Of Back Pain
There are several types of back pain and the common ones include:
- Lower back persistent pain
- Middle back persistent pain
- Upper back persistent pain
- Muscular and nerve pain
- Degenerative disc problems
- Arthritis can even cause back pain
While you can get relief from the symptoms of back pain when you use conventional pain killers, prolonged use could be detrimental to your health.
What Are The Causes Of Back Pain?
Typically back pain can be caused by the following;
- It could be caused by lifelong lifestyle habits.
- Freak accidents.
- Sports related injuries.
- Muscle and nerve strains.
What Are The Risk Factors Of Back Pain?
Here are some risk factors of back pain that you should try to avoid as much as you can and also be aware of.
- You risk of having persistent back pain is increased with age. When you are over 35 years of age you are at risk.
- A sedentary lifestyle also puts you at risk of having recurring back pain.
- A lack of a regular exercise routine will increase your risk of back pain.
- Excessive weight gain will increase your risk of back pain, so cut down on your fat and calories intake.
- Back pain can also be caused by ailments such as ankylosing spondylitis which is a type of arthritis that can cause trouble for your spine.
- You should also know that back pain can be caused by cancer as well.
- Regular physical lifting of heavy objects unassisted. This could lead to a tweak in your back, a freak injury you can avoid by lifting heavy objects with the aid of a forklift, pallet truck or just simply assistance from another person.
- Cigarette smoking also causes a degenerative disc problems by starving your spinal disc of nutrients.
How Do You Get Relief From Back Pain Naturally?
Here are ways you can get relief from back pain naturally.
- Get lots of rest.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin D and take supplements if need be.
- Engage in regular exercises.
- Use cold and hot compresses.
- Watch your weight.
- Don’t smoke cigarettes.
- Practice deep breathing exercises.
- Look for ways to relieve stress.
- Try stretching and yoga exercises.
- Get a massage.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects on your own.
How Can You Get Relief From Neck Pain?
You can try out the following exercises to relieve neck pain.
- Try and exercise the muscles of your neck.
- Rather than having a bath, shower instead.
- Make use of cold compresses.
- Make use of hot pillows.
- Watch the way you sleep to avoid neck pain.
Make sure you follow these simple tips to avoid back and neck pain as much as possible.