How to make a peel off face mask that will take years off your face with household ingredients
Facial peel off masks can greatly benefit your skin. From tenderly peeling away impurities from your skin to uncovering rejuvenated, brighter, younger looking skin, a peel off mask plays an important role in any skincare regimen.
Does A Peel Off Face Mask Really Work?
A facial peel off mask not only nourishes and moisturizes your skin, but also contains a plasticizing agent that establishes a thin film over your face, when dried. This works to peel away dead skin, remove blackheads, and exfoliate. There are many face peeling masks available that are suitable for treating different skin conditions such as acne, blackheads, and oily skin.
Peel off facials are available at salons and spas but I prefer to save some money by making them myself in the comfort of my own home. When it comes to homemade peel off face masks, I recommend this simple peel off mask that you can make right in your kitchen. It’s safe and without any side effects. It will get rid of dull skin and reverse the years on your face.
Why to waste money, just go ahead and do it in your kitchen!
How To Make a Peel Off Face Mask
Learn here how to make and use a peel off mask:
- Green Tea: 1/2 cup, brewed
- Lemon juice: 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Honey: 1 teaspoon, darker-organic
- Gelatin: 2 packets, plain and unflavored
- Egg Whites: 2
- Vitamin E capsule: 1
- Take the brewed green tea and add in the two packets of gelatin. Stir the mixture well.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top (take out the seeds before squeezing). Mix in the honey and stir well.
- Cut open the vitamin E capsule to extract its gel and mix this in as well.
- Place the final mixture in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds or until the gelatin is fully dissolved and the honey is mixed thoroughly
- Cool the mixture. To do this you can place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- To make sure that you don’t cook the egg whites, remember to mix in the egg whites last (whip the egg whites well before adding). Mix until you get a spreadable thick consistency.
Health Benefits of Ingredients:
Green Tea: Rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants will provide anti-aging benefits to the skin.
Lemon: Lemon juice is packed with vitamin C, which provides a brightening boost to your skin. It is also a rich source of citric acid that works as an exfoliating agent, which means it is very effective in sloughing off the dull dead skin cells and helping to generate new ones.
Honey: Honey acts as a humectant, meaning it locks in moisture, tightens skin pores and provides a glow to your skin at the same time.
Gelatin: This makes the mask a peel off kind.
Egg Whites: This works together with gelatin to help get rid of whiteheads.
Vitamin E Capsule: This helps to get rid of acne, blemishes, and further helps to diminish the appearance of scars.
How To Apply:
1. Starting with a clean face apply the peeling mask generously over your face, thickly and evenly. Though you may use amakeup brush, your fingers will do a better job. Make sure the mask is thick enough, so that it can properly peel off afterwards.
2. Allow the first coat of the mask to sit for about 3 minutes, and then apply a second coat.
3. Relax for about 30 minutes. When you feel a tingling/tightening sensation on your facial skin, it means it’s doing its magic well.
4. When the mask turns hard, peel the mask off. If any part of the mask is left behind, just use a damp washcloth to lightly rub the areas to remove the residue.
Natural Beauty Tips:
– Tie back your hair before applying the mask.
– Remember to make sure the mask is thick enough so that it effectively works as a peeling mask.
Have you ever used a peel off facial mask? If yes, share your experience with us in the comments below.