Wash Your Face with Raw Honey and This Will Happen!
When it comes to using honey, choose a truly raw variety that has not been refined, heated or pasteurized. Raw honey has natural antibacterial and healing properties, and it does a wonderful job of
Manuka honey of New Zealand is the most potent honey variety, and can be especially therapeutic to the skin due to the unique enzymatic activity of the compounds it contains.
How to Wash Your Face with Raw Honey
As a face wash, raw honey will kill off the bad stuff that causes breakouts and blemishes.
It’s also a natural humectant (a substance that retains water), so it will maintain the skin’s natural moisture levels, keeping it soft, smooth, and wrinkle-free.
Take about 1/2 teaspoon of the honey on your fingers. Warm it between your fingers. Add just a few drops of water if necessary to make a spreadable consistency. Smooth it gently on your face.
Leave honey on the face for at least 30 seconds. If you have the time, it is best if you can leave it on for 10 minutes.
Rinse off with warm water and pat your face dry.
Finish with patting a toner: Mix 2 Tbs. raw apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup of water or aloe vera and put this in a jar or spray bottle.
Benefits of Washing Your Face with Raw Honey
1. Vitamins, minerals, and more – honey contains vitamin B and C, minerals and amino acids that bring their own sort of nourishment.
2. Organic Moisturizer- the sugars in honey act as natural humectants and emollients, that increase the water content and reduce dryness in the skin even after they have been washed off.
3. The natural antibacterial and probiotic properties of raw honey effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne.
4. Wrinkle reducer – honey, with its moisturizing and preservation properties, keeps the skin smooth and moist. When the skin is smooth and moist it appears younger and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
5. As far as excellent facial cleansers go, it is much cheaper than store bought options.