10 Reasons Why A Custard Apple A Day Is Good For You
This South America fruit can be juiced or even enjoyed raw. Here are 10 reasons why you should include it to your daily diet.
- Skin and Hair: Great source of Vitamin A, a antioxidant that promotes shiny skin and hair.
- Healthy Eyes: Vitamin A again to the rescue. This nutrient protects your cornea and retina from harmful radicals.
- Aid Weight Gain: If you’ve got a problem gaining weight and are unable to no matter what you eat, then add a few custard apples to your everyday diet. They don’t contain refined sugars unlike most processed foods.
- Eases Asthma: It contains a lot of Vitamin B6, a nutrient known to reduce inflammation of the bronchial tube. Consuming custard apples regularly can reduce the chances of asthma attacks.
- Lower Heart Disease Risk: Contains good amounts of magnesium, a mineral that helps relax cardiac muscles and reduces heart disease risk.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: They contain rich amounts of potassium, a mineral that helps relax blood vessel walls and normalizes blood pressure.
- Reduce Cholesterol: Custard apples contain niacin and fiber, where one boosts good cholesterol levels and the other flushes out bad cholesterol from the system.
- Prevents Anemia: It is rich in iron and boosts red blood cell production to prevent anemia.
- Great Source of Energy: Contains thiamine, which helps convert food into energy. This improves you energy levels in general.
- Strengthens Bones: Magnesium helps activate Vitamin D in the system, a nutrient that is vital for calcium absorption and bone health.