How to Flush Nicotine Out of Your Body in Most Effective Way?
Smoking a cigarette releases nicotine in your bloodstream which is pleasurable for the smoker, but for that nicotine to leave your body it takes 6-8 hours, which most of it is released when urinating. Regarding nicotine stored in your body, it takes 48-72 h and 20-30 days for the nicotine’s by-product cotinine to leave your body.
According to some studies if you eat more fruit and vegetables which are rich with vitamin C, which in turn accelerates your metabolism, removes nicotine from your bloodstream faster. Namely, a survey made by public health researchers from the University of Buffalo surveyed 1,000 smokers aged 25 or older throughout the country. Fourteen months later, the researchers checked the participants if they have abstained from tobacco during the previous month. The result was that the ones who ate the most vegetables and fruit were 3 times more inclined to stay off tobacco compared to those who consumed smaller amounts, for at least 30 days. Also they scored better on a nicotine-dependency test and smoked less frequently per day.
The reasons for people who ate more vegetables and fruit to have easier time in quitting cigarettes are the following: they make people feel sated, because smokers occasionally confuse hunger with cigarette craving; lowered nicotine dependence; fruit and vegetables could make the taste of tobacco repulsive, unlike alcohol, coffee or meat; healthier lifestyle has a better chance at making smokers give up their smoking.
- Water hydrates the body because the nicotine dehydrates it and helps in sweating out the nicotine from your system.
- Vegetables, such as egg-plants, beans, cucumbers and celery influence cigarette taste, decreasing nicotine dependence. However, don’t consume too much sweet vegetables since their sugar level is high and that could disturb the balance in the brain pleasure areas, in turn increasing the desire for smoking.
- Nettle has a high concentration of iron, great for combating infection.
- Kiwi purges nicotine from your body and restores vitamins A, C and E, which are reduced from smoking.
- Pine needle tea has been used for mouth and throat disinfection for a long time, although it could also help with lung health.
- Orange has high level of vitamin C which can replace its loss in your body, since smoking reduces it. It also reduces stress and fastens your metabolism, enabling faster nicotine removal.