Millet soup with vegetables – rich in protein, vitamins and minerals
Millet soup recipe
- 2 onion heads,
- 4 carrots,
- 1/4 cauliflower,
- 1/2 cup of millet,
- 5 liter of water,
- 3-4 pinches of sea salt,
- 2 branches finely chopped dill,
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil.
– Clean and wash the vegetables and millet.
– Put 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil in a pot.
– Cut the onion into four parts and put 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil in a pot.
– Cut the carrot into ovals and add them to the pot.
– Fry the onion and carrots for 2-3 minutes and add 1.5 liter of water. Wait to boil.
– When the water start to boil, add the cauliflower and millet in the pot and let it boil for 10 minutes.
Add 3-4 pinches of sea salt, mix the ingredients and add the dill.
Useful information about millet
Contains more protein than wheat and corn.
Rich in precious minerals, such as: fluorine, phosphorus, iron and magnesium.
Contains vitamins, especially from the group B (B1, B2).
Contains also amino acids and microelements.
Millet contains very little fat.