Superfood Cauliflower-Help You Live a Longer and Healthier Life
Cauliflower belongs to the Brassicaceae family
Besides the delicious savory taste, cauliflower offers great nutritional value that can be attributed to the presence of power-packed phytochemicals that help in fighting various diseases and promote stronger immunity, while aiding in the maintenance of a clean system.
– It’s high in anti-oxidants – Cauliflower contains a ton of vitamin C and manganese, as well as carotenoids. This floret packs a punch in fighting free-radicals.
– Cauliflower has anti-inflammatory properties – Due to its high vitamin K content, cauliflower helps to reduce inflammation. It also has omega-3 fatty acids, the same healthy fats found in salmon and flax seeds, but with the added bonus of practically no calories.
– Fiber! – The average daily recommendation for fiber exceeds 25 grams. Eat some cauliflower and you’ll be contributing over 3 grams to your daily total, helping cleanse your digestive tract.
– Increased blood flow – Decrease chronic ailments such as atherosclerosis, a leading cause of heart attack and stroke. Cauliflower can help keep your blood flowing to essential organs of the body!
– Vitamin packed – Cauliflower boasts a cornucopia of B vitamins: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 9 to be exact. That includes folic acid, so if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, be sure to add this vegetable to your weekly consumption.