Peach Basil Iced Tea
Forget sugar— fresh peaches and basil are all you need to naturally sweeten this iced tea
About 85 percent of the tea in American is consumed iced. But there’s no need to add piles of sugar for sweetness—use fresh herbs and naturally sweet fruit instead.
2 ripe peaches, sliced
8 cups water, divided
2 tablespoons sugar (Stevia, honey or maple syrup could also work here)
2 large tea bags
1 cup torn basil leaves
- For the peach puree: Combine the sliced peaches, 1 cup water and sugar into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, purée using an immersion blender or high-powered blender.
- Bring the remaining 7 cups of water to a boil.
- Place the tea bags and basil leaves into a large pitcher and pour the boiling water over. Steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and basil leaves.
- Stir in the peach purée and serve over ice.