12 Uses For Cloves – A Wonder Spice With Highest Antioxidant Value
On the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale used by the National Institute on Aging in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to assess the antioxidant value of foods, clove has the highest ORAC score. Besides it’s ability to prevent cancer, clove has incredible purification and protection properties within.
Cloves are a very common spice widely used all over the world. It is renowned for its rich aroma and flavour.
1) Consuming a couple of cloves can help to cleanse your body from harmful toxins and microbes. This will help to boost your health.
2) Cloves help to protect the damage caused to your body’s cells and help to stimulate energy in every part of your body.
3) Cloves help give you quick relief from toothache. Just place a piece of clove on the affected area, and gain instant relief.
4) The presence of eugenol, in cloves gives it a lovely aroma and helps in numbing dental pain and clearing out bacteria in the mouth.
5) You can also use cloves as a mosquito repellent. Clove can effectively help to ward off mosquitoes.
6) Cloves also have great anti-inflammatory properties. Use cloves to treat inflammation and infections.
7) If you are troubled with digestion problems, chew on a couple of cloves.
8) Cloves also aid with cardiac and diabetes health.
9) Due to its purification properties, cloves help in purifying your blood.
10) Ayurveda suggests making a tea to lessen, or prevent, colds and flu. It is also used as an expectorant, making it easier to cough up phlegm. Cloves are a natural painkiller and also attack germs, so they’ll help you get rid of that sore throat.
11) Sometimes used as an aphrodisiac, cloves can also help men from reaching orgasm too early.
12) Cloves treats scrapes and bruises. They are pretty strong and can sting, so the best bet is to probably make a poultice with a little olive oil.
Just add cloves to your diet in the form of curries, soups and main dishes to gain maximum benefits.